POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Turn a torus : Re: Turn a torus Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turn a torus
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 27 Sep 2004 17:19:46
Message: <cjameshuff-759B38.17200427092004@news.povray.org>
In article <41586355@news.povray.org>,
 "Oleguer Vilella" <ole### [at] infonegociocom> wrote:

> I think that I have to do a macro...
> I trayed with it:
> ======================================
> #local YPos = y*9*sin(1*4/5*9*pi)*cos(1*0.5/6*2*pi);
> #local XPos = (1+2*2);
> #local ZPos = (1+0.5*1);
> ======================================
> I'm going to do a macro.

I have absolutely no idea what you're doing with this. It is certainly
making the problem far more difficult than it needs to be. (For example,
your XPos is just 5, and ZPos 1.5. I haven't a clue what YPos is
supposed to be.)

Are you trying to fold a torus? What kind of bridge is it supposed to be
like? What part has a 45 degree angle? Is 4cm a minor or major radius,
or something else? What about the middle of it?

You need to give more information about what you want. Repeating the
same vague description and apparently random bits of code won't work, no
matter how good your English is.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/